Saturday, December 16, 2017

Mini Fireplace Christmas Decoration

Since the book cart and then the bus, I have been determined to make Amanda an ornament that lights up. This is not technically an ornament since it doesn't hang, but I think this is as close as I am going to get. Unfortunately, you can't really tell the difference between the photos with the lights on and off.

Lights off
This ornament/decoration required more assembly than actual creation. I made the tiny stockings and the felt fire, but everything else is store-bought. The fireplace is from the doll house section of Hobby Lobby. I bought the string of lights first, determined to figure out something to do with them, but it's hard to create an ornament around a 9' string of lights and a battery pack that requires 3 AA batteries.

Lights on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...