Saturday, February 11, 2017

Library Due Date Card Bags


My iron-on image transfer sheets are my new favorite craft product! I have lots of old library due date cards and I realized that the image transfer sheets would be the perfect way to turn them into fabric products, particularly these little treat bags for my ND librarian friends. (I actually made 4.) I started by scanning the card. I thought a book titled "Fabric Pictures" was ideal for a fabric creation. Then I needed to add the date stamps. I decided to go with holiday dates. Canva had the perfect font for a date stamp, but when I downloaded the completed image, the scan was blurry. I thought I might actually have to stamp the cards, and I even bought a date stamp at Hobby Lobby, but then I got Adobe Illustrator at work! Perfect, except I'd never used Illustrator, so I had to figure out how to make it do what I wanted, and it has a million features. Fortunately, there are lots of tutorials! I was glad to have a project to motivate me, or all the features might have been overwhelming. I had fat quarters of this scripty fabric that is perfect for library-themed bags.

The lining fabric
Finished size: 4" x 2" x 6" plus handles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...