Sunday, November 20, 2016

One Very Red Purse


Julie sent me a text asking if my machine could sew leather or fake leather. When I asked what she wanted me to make, she sent me a photo of a purse. I told her I would make it, but that it didn't need to be made out of leather. Claire really likes red, so despite sending photos of some cute red prints, we settled on plain, solid red fabric. As a result, I used a very red patterned fabric for the lining instead. There is also a small pocket on the inside. The purse Julie saw had a big bow on the front, but we decided to go with a button instead. I was pleased to find a sparkly heart button, despite the fact that there's not much contrast. I decided to go with a magnetic snap, which I'd never used before, instead of Velcro for the closure. I really like it, but the magnet is so strong I'm afraid it will be difficult for Claire to open. Hopefully it's red enough for her and she likes it!


Finished size: 7" wide, 5.5" high, 2.5" deep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...