Sunday, December 21, 2014

Spiral Snowflake Ornament


Though I made an ornament for my new niece, I wasn't really planning on starting Christmas ornaments for Amanda in May, but when I found this ornament tutorial I figured I might as well get started while I was motivated! The tutorial is in Russian, but the pictures are fairly easy to follow, and the "translate" button in the left column helps. With the exception of attaching the binding to the back and the button, I used my machine for the rest of the sewing. The ornament folds easily on the stitch lines, so instead of lining it with a layer of batting, I used a thin piece of cardboard to better stabilize it. I also added a button in the middle. It's approximately 4.25" in diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...