Sunday, November 2, 2014

Elephant Quilt

I had a 40" x 42" piece of elephant fabric left from the Baby Elephant Quilt I made last year. I could have used it for the back of that quilt, but by that time I knew Julie was planning an elephant themed room for her baby, so I saved it for my new niece.


I used left over fabric from the Airplane Quilt, as well as leftover fabric from the ribbon elephants. The grey chevron and orange swirl fabrics were purchased for these projects, and though I used the grey chevron for a pillow cover for Julie, I didn't end up using them for their intended projects.

Elephant detail

I used the zipper foot to bind this quilt and am still thrilled with how well it turns out using this method. I didn't even press the binding this time because I finished this on Friday night and simply forgot.


Finished size: 40" x 40"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...