Sunday, February 16, 2014

Recycled Spools

I had 2 old empty spools that I wanted to save simply because they were old, but what to do with them to make them useful? They were just sitting in a box of random parts. Enter my new rotary tool obsession! I cut off one end of each spool, since there was one end of each that was in better shape than the other.

The pin.

This was definitely the most challenging of my rotary tool cutting, since I had to cut through the outer layer, six spokes, and the inner layer. I filled the holes that were created with hot glue to protect the label from getting a hole poked through it. I coated the labels with a layer of Mod Podge for additional protection.

The back of the pin.

The magnet.

They are about 1" in diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...