Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Minions


Amanda has developed a bit of an obsession with the movie Despicable Me, so I'm surprised it took me as long as it did to come up with the idea of making a Despicable Me-themed ornament. Minions are adorable, and I'm really pleased with the way these turned out, though I'm partial to the one with two eyes. Despite not having any arms or legs, I think they are easily identifiable as minions, though their heads could probably be a bit rounder and less rectangular. I particularly like the hair. The yellow felt is machine stitched together with quilt batting inside. Everything else is hot glued on, because I wasn't feeling like hand stitching. The minions are supposed to be tangled up in the Christmas lights, because that seemed like a miniony thing to do. Merry Christmas!

Finished size: 3" x 4" body + Santa hat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...