Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dresden Plate Rainbow


I'd wanted to make a Dresden plate block for awhile, and I finally got around to it. I don't have the special ruler to make the pieces, so I just cut them all individually. Since I wanted to use 8 colors and have 16 spokes, the math worked out nicely. They actually came together more quickly than I expected. When I pieced them together, however, they unfortunately did not lay flat in the center and I ended up with a bit of a Dresden cone, but I was able to rectify it. I planned to stitch it in place using the clear nylon thread I'd used for the dragonfly quilt, but it was giving me fits, so I wound 8 different colored bobbins and sewed each spoke individually.

Finished size: 12.5"x12.5"

1 comment:

  1. I just made a Dresden Plate project, too - they are addictive - I just loved it! The rainbow colors you chose are so much fun - great job!! Mary Ann @ rocknquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...