Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heart Mug Rug

This mug rug is for Amanda. She couldn't send a picture, but she described her mug as "cream with pink hearts that look like they're stamped on." The "stamped on" look was going to be a problem to re-create with fabric, so I settled for some appliqued hearts instead. Fortunately, I do not lack for pink fabric. Three hadn't been used yet, but one was used in both my bento box quilt and my pink and orange quilt while the other is from my and Melissa's pink and green quilt. There's one tiny scrap on the back from my pink star quilt. I absolutely love the scripty beige fabric and it is absolutely perfect since Amanda is my pen pal! It was recovered from the deconstruction of my cat quilt.



Finished size: 7" x 9.75"

1 comment:

  1. i love this one! i really like the scripty fabric and i love how the quilting around the hearts makes a star in the center. :) and i like pink. besides, quick projects with less time requirements and fast results are soooo appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...